Records of your butterfly sightings are important to us.
If you wish to submit sightings on-line you will first need to register. To register use the Register tab on the menu bar.
Once your registration request is complete you will be able to log on to the site.
Only logged on users will have access to the Online sightings form.The form (Sample Shown Below) is straight forward to complete.
- First select a location, or enter a new one if needed.
- Use the list and enter the numbers of butterfles for each species seen.
- If you wish to link a photograph to the sighting enter the Flickr site URL in the adjacent field. (Photo's Help)
- Enter the date of the sightings.
- Add any additional notes,
- If you wish that only the county recorder receives the email of the sighting then tick the checkbox.
- Click Submit
If you opted in to receive emails when recorders submit sightings online you should receive a email within a couple of minutes of submitting your sighting.