Please inform the trip leader if you are intending to go on the field trip, either directly, through leaving a phone message, or via text message, no later than the evening of the day before a trip. The field trip leader will have the discretion to cancel a field trip if there are no confirmed attendees. Please check the Branch Web Site, or field trip leader for corrections, changes and additions to the programme and to confirm the details prior to joining any field trip. Where the walk is included in the “Butterfly Walks in Wiltshire” (BWW) booklet the walk number is included.
1. TIME & LUNCH: Meetings will start at the time indicated in the individual event description. Some events may continue into the afternoon and if so a packed lunch will be advised.
2. WEATHER: If the weather is uncertain, please contact the leader on the phone number given, preferably the evening before (especially if I’m leading – Andy Daw), but no later than 9am on the day.
3. LOCATION: All map numbers and grid references refer to the 1:50,000 Ordnance Survey Landranger® series unless stated otherwise.
4. DEER TICKS are becoming increasingly common. As they can carry Lyme disease, it is advisable to wear coverings over the legs.
5. DOGS should not be brought to meetings.
6. MOTH NIGHTS: Bring a torch each and wear UV protective glasses if they have them. They should also wrap up warmly; it can be surprisingly cold even on a quiet summer's night, and consider bringing a seat.
7. LIABILITY: Butterfly Conservation does not accept liability for damage or personal injury incurred at field meetings.
8. RISK ASSESSMENTS: If leaders need advice on doing risk assessments for guided walks or other events please contact Hugo Brooke. Example risk assessments can be found on the BC website.